About Quartzsite Justice Court
Quartzsite, AZ is a small town located in La Paz County, and is known as “The Rock Capital of the World.” It is situated about 125 miles west of Phoenix on the Interstate 10 and hosts a two-month-long gem show and swap meet every year during the months of January and February. Visitors go there from all over the world with their RVs to exhibit and view rocks, gems, and fossils. The town attracts about 1.5 million people annually.
In addition to the gem shows and swap meets, another attraction in Quartzsite is Hi Jolly’s Tomb, which is the burial place of Hadij Ali. Hadij Ali was hired by the United States Army to become one of the first camel drivers for the U.S. Camel Corps. This experiment of using camels as pack animals was eventually abandoned, as the Army decided to no longer have the camels be used for military purposes.
Quartzsite Judges & Hearing Officers
The Quartzsite Justice Court is one of Arizona’s busiest city courts in Arizona, prosecuting individuals for Driving Under the Influence, Criminal Speeding, Reckless Driving, Traffic Ticket Violations and other misdemeanor crimes.
The Court has one main criminal Judge:
- Honorable T.W. Carnevale
Along with misdemeanors, the Quartzsite Justice Court also has a full range of civil and criminal traffic offenses.
Our office is located about 2 hours away from the Courthouse and our attorneys have years of experience in every corner of the this system. If you have been charged with a crime or traffic in ticket please contact our office to schedule a free case evaluation at (602) 833-7089 or schedule an appointment online.
Quartzsite Justice Court Criminal Case Process
The Quartzsite Justice Court runs criminal cases in five main stages:
- Arraignment: This is the first court date in any criminal case. At this setting, the Court wants to know whether you want to plea guilty or not guilty, set your case to a trial, retain an attorney, and whether you understand your rights. The Court will also advise you of the maximum penalties you could face under the law as it related to the crime with which you were charged. Generally, our office is retained well before this court date, and we file paperwork to vacate this court date on your behalf.
- Pre-Trial Conference: This is the next setting that follows after the arraignment. This is a pre-trial conference (“PTC”) where the state generally makes their first plea offer. An unrepresented individual may meet with the prosecutor who will advise that they are representing the state. If you retain our law firm, you are not required to attend this hearing as we appear on your behalf. In the time between the arraignment and the pre-trial conference, our office requests all preliminary discovery including police reports, body cam footage, etc.
- Case Management Conference: This is the setting that follows the pre-trial conference. At this setting, the Court wants to know the status of the case, including whether case interviews have been completed or whether blood results have been disclosed if applicable. The Court also inquires as to the status of discovery and whether there are any outstanding issues at the time. Again, if you retain our law firm you are not required to be present for this setting.
- Trial Readiness Conference: This is the final setting before trial. At this stage, it must be determined whether the case will resolved via a change of plea or whether the case will proceed to trial. The vast majority of cases never proceed to trial and are resolved at this setting. Depending upon the nature of your charges, you may be required to be present unless you receive notification otherwise from our firm.
- Trial: This is the final main phase of the Quartzsite case process. At this stage, we will be entitled to cross examine the state’s witness and our team will present our case on your behalf. Depending upon the nature of the charges alleged against you, you may or not be entitled to a jury in your matter. You must be present at this hearing.
The entirety of the process generally takes about 3-4 months, depending upon the complexity of your case and the nature of the charges alleged against you. Our office has represented hundreds of individuals in the Quartzsite Justice Court, and we know the process and system well. Please contact our law firm if you have questions about a criminal or civil case in Quartzsite at (602) 833-7089.
Quartzsite Justice Court Location and Contact Information
555 N Plymouth Ave.
Quartzsite, AZ 85346
Phone: (928) 927-6313
Fax: (928) 927-4842
Online Case Information Link
Hiring a Quartzsite Defense Lawyer
Our office represents a very large number of people charged with offenses in Quartzsite. On a great majority of our cases, we are able to prevent our clients from having any criminal record and resolve their case without them ever having to return to Arizona. We provide representation on a flat fee basis, offer affordable payment plans and deliver a proper defense with a team dedicated to solving traffic related cases.
Contact us today for a free, no obligation case evaluation. Send us your citation and your information below and we will review your matter as soon as possible.