What is the cost of a DUI conviction in Arizona?
What is the cost of a DUI conviction in the state of Arizona?
The following figures are estimations based on Arizona statutes for first time, regular DUI convictions that did not involve any aggravation or complicating factors. Costs and expenses increase considerably for Extreme and Super-Extreme DUI convictions.
- $520 for DUI Abatement Fee plus surcharges
- $500 for Public Safety Fund Fee
- $500 for Prison Construction Fund Fee
- $75 for Alcohol Screening
- $150 to $600 for Alcohol Screening plus treatment (16 to 36 classes)
- $1,080 for one-year of Ignition Interlock Device ($90/month)
- $300 jail costs for 1 day
- $500 for vehicle tow and impound
- $500 for Mandatory License Suspension costs (30 days at $25/day for 5 days a week)
- $10 license reinstatement fee
- $1,080 SR-22 Insurance Policy ($600/year for 3 years)
- $8,100 Car Insurance Rate Increase ($225 per month for 36 months)
- $1,500 expungement of criminal record
- $XX,XXX Decreased earning ability / upward mobility (unknown)
Total estimated cost of DUI: $16,435
Extreme DUI add: $1,340
Super Extreme DUI add: $1,840
Other reputable sources on total cost of a DUI Conviction:
Total National Average Cost Estimate (Source: AMA) (1st Offense; non-aggravated; low blood alcohol level .08 – .15) $12,771